Butt-Trouble

Ever wondered how it might feel if your to-be in-law looks at your butt and says – oh it’s wet!!!

Now before your imagination starts galloping to conclusions, I’ll give you the correct context to the build-up of the comment.

On the 2nd Sunday of June we went to Hogenakkal – a lovely day trip in Tamil Nadu. The ‘we’ includes my fiancé, his mom and me of course. As most of you must be aware of the fantabulous waterfalls, which divides Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, the only activity here is a ride on the circular shaped boats. The end result – you just have to have a spare set of clothing if you want to return dry and ‘safe’ from being commented on!

The mistake I did was, the bag-pack I carried was of cotton material and the intelligent girl as I am, I had my fresh set of garments in that bag. I was quite oblivious to the fact that it conveniently got wet while we were taking our boat-ride.

Back on shore, with my pair of jeans and top dripping wet, I couldn’t wait to get out of them and you can imagine my shock when I discovered the disaster in my bag! So changing into them didn’t help much. Going back to the comment now, my to-be-mom-in-law happily and mischievously chirped – oh your butt is still wet!!!!! And my fiancé also HAD to peep in unabashedly.

I didn’t know how to react; all I could do was ask them to walk in front of me. At least the general passers-by were too busy to notice.

I had my bit of fun when, out in the sun, she turned her back towards the heat to dry her sari (since she didn’t have a fresh set of attire). I followed suit, it was like a mutual respect and acceptance since both of us wanted to get a little drier before getting into the car.

Moral of the story – Don’t go out of your way to impress your in-laws, you can’t change your comical self, so go out and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha :) i love how you've ended the post - don't change your comical self, so go out n have fun !!

    When is the big day ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sangeeta :) This is quite an old post... The 'big day' was on Jan 25, 2010 :)

      Delete