Clichéd Bread and Butter

Ahem, don’t bother about the subject. Am sure that all of you have been irritated the days a thought gets stuck on you and it’s very difficult to shrug it off. It can be anything – a song, a dialogue, a completed chore, or a pleasant (or sad – depending on your mood) memory – that will keep haunting you.

Today morning when I got up, very absurdly, my mind got ‘stuck’ on “Aapka yeh jawab……. sach hai”…! There, I see a bulb blink on in the mind of you avid television viewer. Even if you have kept your hands off Star, the news channels and newspapers haven’t allowed the show to go unnoticed. “Sach ka saamna”, another serial ‘inspired’ by “The Moment of Truth” in the west.

Now, I haven’t been thinking about the show per-say, but more from the point of view of the announcer who gets the privilege of stating if the answer was “sahi” or “galat”. That too with such melodramatic pauses; you need training for that tone, huh? I mean, give me a break, Star must be paying that guy for bonkers!

What about a boy and girl connection in every other advertisement that is made? Even if there is no story, just push a couple of models and voila, you have a promotion clip ready!

That got me thinking, does media and the glamour world have the maximum number of such clichéd jobs? What about the corporate world? Surely we don’t need THAT many managers to oversee actual work done, or their indispensable role to hold the innumerable meetings.

Value-addition, they say at these humongous retail outlets. Every corner has a boy/girl stepping up to help you, even if you don’t require it. They will be at your heels, sometimes with a look that you are as kleptomaniac as one can get! Very embarrassing guys, trust me.

No point musing further, everyone needs a job, anything for the bread and butter. And some people will always be lucky and get luckier as the money market gets crazier by the day. Party time people! Enjoy…!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we were only looking for Bread and Butter, the world wouldn't have been so crazy. We are looking for Bread, butter and Benz. (Well, I had coined this phrase to showcase my ambitions when I was in college and had accidentally passed by the Benz showroom in CP.)
    Luck decided to have fun with me. My office is next to the Delhi Office of Benz. Although I have no desire for Benz left any more, but those trying to have Benz anyhow have transformed this world into an ambition-crazy lunatic asylum. And people looking for just the cliched Bread and Butter are suffering.

    ReplyDelete