Elina – The start of a journey

Down three months of being puked and potty-ied on, I finally get some time and energy to jot down a few words. As always, I usually sit down to write when I have difficulty in expressing my feelings in my head and words seem to help me think straight.

The opening line doesn’t look very appealing, at least to anyone who is yet to become a mother. Even I used to think that cleaning up after a baby – never! I used to wonder how I will do it, now I wonder how I happily do it.

I have been showered with advice during my pregnancy. Luckily, I had a seemingly easy one as I was constantly on the move and on my feet till the last day. What I heard the most were – your days of freedom are going to get over; you will miss the pregnancy period once the baby is here; be prepared for sleepless nights; and feel like a milk-producing cow. What most of them missed mentioning is – freedom (as defined) is not even worth comparing to the feeling when you see your baby sleep in your arms; the pregnancy period was just a phase of blissful apprehension; the sleepless nights are times you are closest to your baby and hear her breathe; and feeding is the most rewarding experience – when you know you are capable of giving birth and nurture such a precious part of your life.

Elina was born after 8 hours of overnight labour – it did somehow give me perspective as to the pain a mother goes through and the responsibility that is endowed on you. The first sight of her is quite a blur, a brief second of a blood-covered silhouette of a baby. In fact my husband and I missed the announcement by the doctor that it was a girl! Happiness abound and to our delight, she had her eyes open for more than an hour and slept only after she was fed. Now I wish time had stood still then, since nothing on earth can imitate the feeling of holding your child for the first time. I now know when I heard someone say – you forget about the pain when you are pregnant again, since you know a bundle of joy ensues soon!

Big eyes, white as a sheet, long fingers, and the smallest and most delicate baby I have ever held in my arms – yes, I felt proud like a peacock! It’s a wonder how a child can make memories in every moment of her presence. I hope I am able to archive her childhood in my own small ways for her to see once she is all grown up! Three months and she already seems to be growing fast – all I can do is to bask in every glowing instants of her growing years.

4 comments:

  1. wow!! thats so beautfully written.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Very well written post and congrats for your new child. I hope your child will visit in Vancouver pr firm for her trip in Canada.
    Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful article.I read the post good article.I share the post 24 hour Des Moines Towing service.It is beautiful picture display in this post.It is a wonder how a child can make memories in every moment of her presence. Thank u for sharing.

    ReplyDelete